Wednesday, October 5, 2016

I am posting more pictures this evening, as they speak volumes about this area and the Red Canyon/Bryce Canyon vistas. Incredible and unreal and so beautiful. We were in the car all day, except for exploring Bryce Point and taking photos there. It is very cool and dry, but the sun is out in force. I have slathered on sunscreen to no avail. I have a red face, neck and arms but it is no use trying to remedy them except to cover up. I was so excited that I left my hat in the car! The parking lot is small and cars were madly jockeying for a place. This terrain is very similar to Zion NP, so we are going to forego that park to head to Monument Valley (where LOTS of western movies and tv shows have been filmed) and then the Four Corners monument and then make our way to Albuquerque for the hot air balloon races, that end this upcoming weekend. We are having the time of our lives, but keep a comfy room and bed with all the amenities for our evenings. We don't want to miss any of our shows!!! Enjoy the pictures and I will have more tomorrow evening! The first pictures are showing the terrain driving up to Red Canyon and Bryce Canyon. The tunnels are in Red Canyon. The photos in Bryce Canyon are of the Hoodoos and other formations as viewed from atop one of the mountains. John took most of these pictures as I was clinging to the railing. Heights terrify me!

No comments: